Breakfast: Apple Cinnamon Crunch

3:45 am




In the recent weeks, I realized that I have been caught up with running out of the house early in the morning either for work or a sweat class. Life gets alittle busier and schedules run alittle crazier - I hardly have time to prepare any breakfast for myself and starting the day without breakfast is a no-no! I enjoy my breakfast to be wholesome, fruity and less-oily (if possible, no oil at all) 

I used to rely alot of just a fruit or breakfast bar but sometimes, you need to just mix it up alittle! :) If you have a sweet tooth like me and want it quick and wholesome at the same time, try this for breakfast. I got this recipe from Alex when he was sharing some of the yummy recipes with me and I couldn't resist not trying it the next morning. 

I usually have greek yogurt, apples and chia seeds in the fridge. Cinnamon powder is a must-have in my food cupboard so it was picture perfect when I wanted to try this out. Bad at cooking? It's okay because this requires zero cooking and just cutting and serving. A great energy booster to start the day right.


APPLE CINNAMON CRUNCH BREAKFAST


Recipe type: Breakfast or Snack
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Prep time: 3 - 5 minutes | Cook time: 0 mins | Total time: 5 minutes
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Serving size: 1

Easy crunchy wholesome breakfast that can be prepared the night before and kept in the fridge overnight, ready to serve anytime the next month. You may add bananas or blueberries if you like additional taste to it!


INGREDIENTS 

- 1 juicy red apple
- a handful roasted almonds
- 2 tablespoons chia seeds
- 3 tablespoons of greek yogurt
- 1 teaspoon of ground cinnamon powder (for sprinkle)


INSTRUCTIONS

1. Wash and cut up the apples into thin slices
2. Scoop the greek yogurt on top of the apples
3. Add chia seeds, almonds on top of the yogurt
4. Sprinkle cinnamon powder on top of the dish

**Greek Yogurt: I usually eat Farmer Union Greek Plain Yogurt or Pauls All Natural Yogurt. If you like the sweetness in your greek yogurt, you can either at the Honey flavoured ones or for myself, I usually get the original and add my own manuka honey into my yogurt to mix. I like to know what is added into my yogurt.





Let me know what you think when you try this out! If you have a favourite snack or quick grab-and-go breakfast, feel free to share it with me. I'd love to see what you come up with and don't forget to take photo + tag #vickysweatypursuits so that it is easy for me to view them and give me your support too!

x love,
Victoria

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook




Flickr Images

Instagram

@thepinksoldier

Subscribe