Nutrition ::: Top 5 Fruits for Digestion

7:24 pm




Digestion.

I have always had great digestion system in my body. I never complained about a day that goes by without poop. I love to poop - let's be honest. Those bathroom moments are probably one of the best besides indulging in a yummy waffle with an ice cream on top! Whenever people come to me and ask me about my diet, I really have no particular diet I am doing. I eat anything and I don't restrict myself and limit my social food gatherings. I love all kinds of food and like Wilson said, "You should be obese looking at the way I eat". Why? Where did the food go?


Today I wanted to share with all of you a list of my favourite fruits which happens to be also powerful rich-in-fibre fruits that helps in digestion and you can incorporate in your diet.


......................................................................................................................

1. RASPBERRIES



1 cup of raspberries contain 8g of fibre. That's hell lot of fibre yassss.... just saying ;) 8g of fibre is almost 1/3 of the fibre most of us need for a day. They are low in sugar compared to many other fruits and is perfect for people struggling with blood sugars like diabetics or those on a weight-loss programme.

2. APPLES


Apples contain a type of fibre called pectin which helps improve digestion because it is soluble and has the ability to bind to cholesterol or toxins in the body and get them out of your body! "An apple a day keeps the doctor away" - a famous saying by your papa and mama - and they are actually so right!

3. FIGS


Not everyone love this, but you got to know how good this fruit is. The fig is my ultimate favourite fruit in the mixed nut package. They are delicious and so so sweet. 1 cup of dried figs has 15g of fibre (that is a HUGE serving but I hope you get the idea). 1 large raw fig has 2g of fibre. These are great additions to your salads, sandwiches or smoothies. If you have plain oats, add some figs and enjoy the goodness and sweetness!

4. PRUNES


They are honestly my favourite digestive fruit - there is no day that goes pass without me enjoying a great detox whenever I munch on these. They have a natural laxative effect on the body. Prunes contain a compound called dihydroxyphenyl isatin which helps stimulate the intestines to contract and move. Prunes contain a great amount of both soluble and insoluble fibres which helps the body rid it of waste, add bulk to the stool and move it along. They contain sorbitol which loves water - and because of that, take any water it gets and push it in the digestive tract, making it easier and softer to pass. Prunes also has lots of minerals - especially magnesium which helps overall digestion because it helps relax your muscle.

5. BANANAS


Bananas are delicious, yummy and a great energy booster! They contain 3-4g of fibre per banana and also contains pectin which is a kind of fibre that help decrease and heal stomach ulcers as well as providing a healthy dose of prebiotics for our bodies to utilize as food for the good bacteria in our guts. I always love to pop a banana in before my training as I will make good use of that energy during my workout and it turns the carbs into good energy used!


.........................................................................................................................


I hope you guys learnt something new :) Don't stop your digestive machines and keep them working everyday! 

Till next time,

Eat up & flush them out!

xxx


You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook




Flickr Images

Instagram

@thepinksoldier

Subscribe